I was awoken yesterday by the news that the A1 was part-closed due to an accident in vicinity of the Lobley Hill Roundabout. It set me wondering about what really ought to put Lobley Hill on the Map? Do we want to be known purely for the ribbon of tarmac that runs through the heart of the community? A number of people suggested thoughts of what we might do but first I thought it would be good list what goes on around here currently.
Below is my mini-directory to the websites that cover something about Lobley Hill.
- All Saints Pre School– Nursery school for children aged 2 and 3 years old. Information on staff, policies, news and calendar.
- Angela Marie School of Dance– Dance teacher offering classes in Lobley Hill Community Centre. Details of courses, examinations and events.
- Beggars Wood Golf Course and Driving Range– Information on opening hours, course and prices.
- Callender Lead– Specialist manufacturer of ornamental and rainwater lead work. Details of range and styles.
- Emmanuel City Technology College– Features information on the college and courses, news and events, students work and exam results.
- Emmanuel House– Offers holistic therapies to those with terminal cancer. Details of opening hours, location and events.
- Gateshead Presbyterian Church– Evangelical and Reformed church. Details of services, worship, leaders, directions and young people’s activities. Based at community centre.
- Heaven Scent Florist– Information on arrangements, reviews and history.
- Hillside Church– Anglican Church serving Marley Hill, Sunniside, and Lobley Hill. Details of services, pre-school nursery, events and location.
- Lobley Hill– A photographic history of the local area.
- Lobley Hill Online– Provides information about local services, news and events. Site also incorporates information about the Lobley Hill Residents Association and relevant contact details.
- Lobley Hill Pharmacy– Details of opening hours, location and services including delivery.
- Northern Balance Ltd– Supplies and services commercial balances and scales. Includes history, services and details of range.
- Ravensdene Lodge Hotel– Includes details of accommodation, menu, local attractions, conferences and special occasions.
- Robson and Partners– Dental Surgeons. Information opening hours, dentists, membership scheme and treatments offered.
- Rutherford AFC– Community football club offering teams for junior and senior members. Details of teams, fixtures, history and club shop.
- Train to Teach – Gateshead 3-7 SCITT– A School Centered Initial Teaching Training facility based in Lobley Hill Primary School. Details of course, applications, testimonials and news.
- Unique Driving Tuition– Driving school. Details of prices, courses, cars and instructors. Also offers driving instructor training.
Did I miss anything? Leave me a message below if I did!